The desire to prevent tooth decay is one of the main reasons men and women visit their dentists
Today we are going to discuss 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged on the hard surface, tiny openings ensue. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you notice any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to request an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among youngsters, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is simple. Be sure to brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, avoid frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Florissant area, give Koch Park Dental – Martin L. Buchheit, DDS a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around St. Louis since 1987.
Contact Koch Park Dental – Martin L. Buchheit, DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):