Have a Healthy Smile for that Extra Boost of Confidence for Back to School
ACCORDING TO THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS, TOOTH DECAY is one of our most common, modern-day chronic diseases. In fact, by the time children begin kindergarten, 40 percent have some kind of tooth decay! Remember, just because your children, grandchildren, nieces or nephews aren’t complaining about tooth pain (and their teeth “look” OK), it doesn’t necessarily mean their teeth are OK.
Typically Included In A Regular Checkup Or Back-To-School Exam:
- Thorough Cleaning: Professional cleanings help prevent gum disease—keeping your teeth healthier, longer.
- Checking For Cavities: Take care of cavities before they become bigger problems, leading to pain and tooth loss.
- Checking Existing Dental Work: We check fillings, crowns, sealants, etc.
- Examining Oral Tissue & Jaw Function: Early detection helps prevent oral cancer and related problems.
- Fluoride Application: For cavity prevention.
Important Things You Can Do
- Have your children brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste. Remind them to brush gently and pay special attention to their gum line.
- Teach the good habit of flossing each day.
- Give kids healthier snack foods such as fresh fruits and veggies.
- Limit sugary snacks & high-carb foods. The bacteria that cause tooth decay love simple sugars—especially those in treats.
- If the children in your life like to chew gum, offer sugar-free options.
- Always talk with our team if you notice any unusual oral health changes.