At Koch Park Dental in Florissant, we actively promote dental health in all our patients. That includes watching out for any signs of gum disease, a leading cause of tooth loss.
How much do you know about gu disease? Try our quiz.
1. Which of the following are risk factors for gum disease (periodontitis)?
d. Genetic make-up
2. Which of the following are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that seem to be longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bad breath
d. Sore gums
3. Which of the items below are possible health concerns linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of individuals age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following treatments are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Soft tissue grafting
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t experience any symptoms.
Gum disease is seriousy business, but fortunately it usually responds well to treatment. The earlier it’s caught, the better, so if you haven’t been to Koch Park Dental in Florissant for a while, pick up the phone and schedule an appointment. We also provide dental implants, and treat conditions like sleep apnea. Call today.
Contact Koch Park Dental – Martin L. Buchheit, DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):