Koch Park Dental offers CEREC same day porcelain crowns, the ultimate cutting-edge digital dentistry technology. CEREC crowns are a state-of-the-art dental process using computer aided design to digitally map the patient’s mouth completely and accurately. This process allows your dentist to create and insert porcelain crowns in a single appointment.
Traditionally, a crown takes two visits to your dentist. During the first visit, the tooth is shaved and prepared for the crown. An impression is taken and sent to a laboratory where the crown will be made. A temporary crown, usually made out of plastic, is installed until the second visit when the permanent crown will be placed on the tooth.
The CEREC process eliminates the need for a second visit or a temporary crown. Everything is completed in a single visit at the dental office. The patient’s mouth is first digitally scanned and then the crown is made by a computer while the patient waits. CEREC crowns are made out of pure ceramic rather than traditional composite and metal so they look and perform much better.
There are many benefits to the CEREC technology over traditional dental crowns:
- Digital impressions are much more comfortable for patients than the traditional impression process using bulky molds.
- CEREC crowns are more natural looking
- CEREC crowns provide a more natural chewing surface and block bacteria more effectively because they are digitally sculpted to fit your tooth
- CEREC crowns are much more comfortable due to their closer fit in the patient’s mouth
- CEREC crowns last longer than traditional crowns due to their better fit and higher quality of materials
- With CEREC technology, there is no need for temporary crowns, which eliminates an entire step and source of potential discomfort
- Being fitted for your crown and having it completely inserted in one appointment is so convenient!
Contact our office today to discuss how CEREC crowns can work for you. We serve all locations near and around St Louis, Florissant and Hazelwood MO.