Ever get something stuck between your teeth? Of course you have; who hasn’t? At best, something stuck between your teeth is bothersome, especially if it takes a long time to remove it. At worst it is painful, and requires professional attention, like what we provide at Koch Park Dental in Florissant MO.
Some people have narrow and tight spaces between their teeth. They seem more susceptible to getting things wedged in there. It can cause pressure and discomfort, and even pain.
Here are some tips to dislodge what you have stuck between your teeth.
- Never use a sharp object on something stuck between your teeth; not even a toothpick. You may damage your gums or teeth.
- Rinse your mouth out vigorously. Use lukewarm saltwater. You may need to repeat several times, but this is often enough to loosen whatever is stuck.
- Try using dental floss; especially waxed, as it is excellent for getting things from between teeth. Waxed floss slides easily into tight spaces. If it won’t go in, do not force it.
- Tie a tiny knot into the floss, to snag the object and free it. But again, never force things.
- If you absolutely must use a floss pick, use one with tight strands of floss.
If none of this works, give us a call. At Koch Park Dental in Florissant MO we offer emergency dental care, and will see you as soon as soon as possible. People throughout Florissant, Hazelwood, Ferguson, and St. Louis also come to us for general dentistry. Contact us today!